Monday, March 12, 2012

Allrecipes.com Dinner Spinner Iphone App

Sponsor:  Retweet pls!


My wife can juggle recipes and ingredients in her head the way Stephen Hawking does math. Me, not so much. So when I’m in charge of meal planning and grocery lists, I’ve found Allrecipes.com’s Dinner Spinner app invaluable. It lets me assemble a bunch of recipes online (or in the app, but a web browser’s easier), collate the total ingredients list, then pipe that to my iPhone, which fits in my pocket in lieu of a paper printout. As I find what I need, I just “tap” it off the app’s ingredient list. And when I’m in the kitchen, it lays out cooking instructions (all it’s missing is an option to override Apple’s default screen lock time — touching your iPhone when your hands are covered in pizza dough’s a definite no-no). Why “spinner”? Shake your iPhone and it’ll spit up a random recipe (based on selection criteria like “dish,” “ingredient” and “ready-in” time).

Source:
http://techland.time.com/2012/02/15/50-best-iphone-apps-2012/#allrecipes

No comments:

Post a Comment